Online antenatal classes are now available during the COVID 19 crisis
Private antenatal online classes are available to families via video link or in your own home, (unavailable at home during COVID-19 lockdown).
At at a time to suit you workshops can be provided from the omofrt and safety of your own home.
Pregnancy passes by so quickly, often things can be overlooked and decisions can be made without all of the information needed going into those decisions.
The physiology of birth is often something missing from regular hospital appointments and you may not be aware of the normal physiological changes your body will prepare for. As a family you may want be prepare and have realistic expectations of what to expect from labour and birth so you are not overwhelmed by the process once the big day arrives. Some of the topics we will cover are below:
- Debrief/listening session of any previous experiences – talking about your previous experience and working out ways to include or avoid aspects of your previous experience
- Birth physiology and understanding the birth process – how your body and baby work together during pregnancy and birth to prepare for the big day
- Recognising labour onset – patterns, events and expectations
- Active birth – movement, positioning and activities to support active birth
- Optimal fetal positioning – learn about your baby’s position and how optimum positioning can help you in labour
- Pain management – medical and self help measures to support you
- Relaxation – how you and your partner can create a relaxing environment
- Information regarding childbirth and interventions – discuss different modes of birth and how your midwife or doctor can support you
- Building your birth preferences or birth ‘plan’
- Infant feeding – discuss all options and work out your way forward
- Caring for your newborn and yourself – newborn norms and expectations for the early weeks